For computers and smartphones available Windows 10 Preview Build 14291, the PC version supports extensions
Microsoft released a new preview build of Windows 10 number 14291 relating to the development branch with the code name Redstone. A new version is available in the rapid upgrade cycle for PCs, tablets and smartphones (mobile version currently can only be installed on Lumia 550, 650, 950 and 950-XL).
In this Assembly, the company has already completed most of the work on introduction of system for extensions in the browser Edge (only in the PC version). While that browser is available only three extensions – Translator, Mouse Gestures and Reddit Enhancement Suite, but soon they will be much more.
Each of the available extensions can be installed from the Microsoft website, but when the function comes to the final version of Windows 10 Redstone, the extension will be published in the Windows Store. The company promises and the emergence of popular extensions: AdBlock, Adblock Plus, Amazon, LastPass, and Evernote.
Other changes Microsoft Edge Windows 10 build 14291 for PC:
- The ability to lock the tab;
- The function «Paste and go» in Edge to open the site immediately after pasting links in the address bar.
Changes in the Maps app:
- Improved scalability of the user interface for better viewing on any screen;
- Implemented access and search routes with a single touch;
- You can view multiple search queries and destinations on one map;
- Support turn by turn navigation Cortana (if enabled);
- Improved search system;
- Offline access to your favorite places;
- Updated the logic of a nearby search;
- The ability to search in the list of 3D cities.
- Updated design step-by-step navigation.
- New app Feedback Hub (integrates apps Insider Hub and Windows Feedback);
- A new version of the app «alarm and clock» with the improved design;
- Improved and enhanced support for Japanese language.
The new build also contains fixes for several bugs found in previous versions. Full list of fixes and known issues in Windows 10 build 14291 desktop and smartphone published in official blog Microsoft.