A complete uninstall of ESET NOD32 antivirus from the computer
Antivirus ESET NOD32 is the best product in its class. It is easy to use and, of course, well protected from the numerous threats that threaten the security of the computer.
Sometimes there are cases when the antivirus you want to remove, (for example, to install other software) in which many users are facing some problems.
Developers protect not only your PC but also your product against viruses, because modern virus programs can remove antivirus from a computer without the user’s knowledge. To avoid this, the developers have included an option to remove the program only when you use specific ways.
Standard methods of OS
Many wonder how to uninstall eset nod32 antivirus from your computer.
You can try to do it the standard method of Windows:
- go to «control Panel»;
- then select «Programs and features»;
- next in the list of installed programs, you need to find the «ESET NOD32»;
- click on program right click and select «Remove».
After done action appears on the screen of the Uninstaller. The user must follow the instructions for enabling removal. If during the uninstallation errors, it is necessary to remove BY other methods.
Possible errors and their solutions
During the removal of the antivirus program «ESET NOD32» can be various errors that result in failure, removal.
Common mistakes during the removal of the antivirus program «ESET NOD32»:
- rollback operation, base filtering engine is missing;
- error code 2350;
- the installation files is inaccessible;
- removing was quite.
This is the most common errors that occur when you remove the «ESET NOD32».
Video: remove antivirus
Rollback operation, base filtering engine is missing
This error occurs most often in those situations, if the computer is running a pirated version of Windows 7 and Windows 8. The fact that the pirated versions of the OS can be disabled some services.
Also, the user can see not only the error «the Rollback operation, base filtering engine is missing», but also others:
- the computer was not restarted after the uninstall;
- some services not performed;
- error starting services.
To get rid of this error, you must do the following:
- go to «control Panel»;
- the «System and security».
- then select «Administration»;
- next, select «Service»;
- this will bring up the Services window, where you must find the service called «Service base filtering». If the service is stopped, it is necessary to launch: right click on the service name and the drop down context menu select «Run». In the service properties, under «startup Type» should be set «Automatically»;
- then you must restart the computer and hold uninstall «ESET NOD32» again.
This type of «error Code 2350» can occur in two cases: when you install the software and to remove.
In order to get rid of the «error Code 2350» we need to do the following:
- the first thing you need to do is launch a command prompt with administrator rights. «Start» — > Programs — > Accessories — > Command prompt. Clicking with the right mouse button on «Command prompt», choose «Run as administrator». For the user operating system Windows 8 and 8.1 a command prompt as administrator you can run with the keyboard shortcut «Win+X» and select «Command prompt (admin)»;
- then in the command window drains need to consistently type two commands: «MSIExec /unregister», and then press the keyboard key «Enter» and «MSIExec /regserver» and then press «Enter»;
- then you must restart your computer to make the removal of the antivirus program again.
The installation file is not available
To get rid of the error «Installation file not available» you must do the following to address it:
- for a start go to «control Panel»;
- then go to «System and security»;
- next, select the item «System»;
- then select «advanced system settings»;
- in the window «system Properties» select the tab «Advanced»;
- at the bottom, select the tab «environment Variables»;
- then in «environment Variables» you must select two variables «TEMP» and «TMP» and set the following value «%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalTemp»;
- then you need to clean the content of these folders and try uninstall again.
It’s possible the program deleted
Error «During uninstallation of a program error occurred» is most likely to occur when the user deleted IN incorrectly, that is simply deleted only the folder with the program.
In this situation, the registry files are still files antivirus, and to get rid of this error, you must perform the following steps:
- go to the task Manager using «Ctrl+Alt+Delete»;
- in the task Manager window in Processes tab you need to find all processes related to antivirus;
- then go to «Services» and disable all services that relate to the program;
- next, you need to go to the startup of Windows: «Win+R» — > «Run» window , enter the command «msconfig» -> in the window «system Configuration» select the tab «startup» and delete the process with the following name «Nod32krn.exe», «Nod32kui.exe»;
- then use the program «Ccleaner» and cleaned the registry»;
- after that, you need to try to remove the antivirus again.
How to remove antivirus NOD32 utility ESET Uninstaller
In order to remove the antivirus, you can use a specially designed utility «ESET Uninstaller«. It will also help to remove NOD32, if you forget the password.
In order to make the removal of the «NOD32» utility «ESET Uninstaller»:
- first we need to download the utility and save it to your desktop. Download utility can be using the search engine;
- next, restart the computer in safe mode;
- the system will boot in safe mode, then on the desktop you must run the utility «ESET Uninstaller»;
- after the start there will be a utility window where you need to enter the command «y/n» and select «y»;
- then the utility will show a list of all installed anti-viruses on your PC. In the list find antivirus «NOD32» and enter the number under which it is listed, then click on the keyboard key «Enter»;
- then you need to type «y» and wait until the uninstall process is complete antivirus computer.
- when removal is complete, the utility window will display «Press any key to exit». You must press any button on the keyboard and restart the computer.
Booting in safe mode for Windows 7 users as follows:
- a «reboot».
- during the reboot, keep pressing «F8» -> in the list of boot options you want to select «Safe mode»;
For Windows 8 users to run the OS in safe mode, use the following:
- go to «Options», hold down the Shift key, we click «Shutdown»;
- select «Diagnostics» -> «advanced settings» -> «load Options» -> «Restart» -> «Enable safe mode».
- the system then restarts in safe mode.
ESET built-in Uninstaller
Uninstall «NOD32», you can use the built in Uninstaller.
This can be done in the following way:
- to start, go to «start»;
- next in the list of installed programs find the folder called «ESET»;
- then open the folder list and find the item «Delete»;
Important! To make the removal of the antivirus program «ESET NOD32» is recommended using the built-in Uninstaller. If the removal is performed using standard tools of the operating systems Windows «Remove programs», then completely removed in this way will not work.
- after running the built in Uninstaller «window will appear Why did you delete «ESET NOD32?». In the window it should be noted that the reason why you uninstall the program;
- then click on the Next button at the bottom of the window;
- after the uninstall process is complete, you should find on the desktop a shortcut to «My computer»;
- in the Explorer window find the «Search» and enter in the empty field «ESET»;
- then start the process of finding files that are left in the system and were not removed. Once all files are found, they need to be remove.
Important! In some cases, the files can simply not be removed. To remove them you can use a free utility «Unlocker».
In this article we looked at how the removal of the antivirus program ESET NOD32, which allow you to completely clean the computer from the program.