What can be removed from drive C, and that it is impossible?
constantly decreasing free space of drive C in the operation of Windows. Regardless of the user’s actions — whether he likes it or not. Temporary files, files, cookies and cache of browsers and other software elements completing his one-time mission (update, install, unpacking), deposited in the folders section C Plus — useful megabytes and gigabytes absorb some Windows function modules.
The first remedy for this «cluttering» — complex cleaning of drive C. Perform it must be regular and timely basis. Otherwise, the overflow section, and you can not use all the OS and therefore, PC. Windows will constantly interrupt your work warning messages — «not enough memory». It will become impossible to watch videos online, because the browser will not be able to keep on your computer injected with the content server. May occur, and other troubles.
Getting clean disk C: What You Need to Know and Do
Removing the C drive all unnecessary elements — the procedure is very delicate. It requires the user to heightened caution and attention. «Cleaning» should not harm the operating system.
Contraindicated deleting files in folders:
- Windows (OS heart — there are stored all of its components);
- Boot (boot system files);
- ProgramData (! Entirely impossible can not run installed applications);
- ProgramFiles (install software);
- Users (user data).
Some of the folders that you need to «put things clean,» hidden by default, that is, do not appear in the directories. To get to them, do the following:
1. Press the key combination — «Win + E».
2. Press «the Alt» In the «Computer».
3. The window at the top of the horizontal menu. Place your cursor on the «Tools» section. In the submenu, click «Folder Options …».
4. In the setting of the parameters, go to the tab «View».
5. Scroll to the end of the list of options, see «Advanced settings:».
6. Uncheck «Hide protected operating system …». Turn on the mouse click the radio button «Show hidden files …».
7. Click «OK».
Where to start cleaning the C drive?
First of all, you need to release the cart:
- hover over its icon;
- click the right mouse button;
- menu, select «Empty Trash.»
Large, small files, no matter in what section are stored (drive D, E or C), after removing go to C: \ RECYCLER, file «Basket». As a result, the system partition free space decreases. Removal of a large video file or image (for example, the iso file) with a deficit of extra gigabytes, can easily lead to overflow of the disk C.
Tip! Before you empty the Trash, check your desktop for unnecessary shortcuts. Their size are not large, but the smaller the useless files, the better.
Clean Windows standard utility disk
1. Click «Start» icon.
2. Click «Computer». In the right column
3. Right-click on the icon of drive C. In the menu, select «Properties».
4. In the Properties pane, in the «General» tab, click «Disk Cleanup.»
5. Wait for a while, until the system will check the directory for the presence of unnecessary files.
6. Next, in the «Files to delete», select which items to remove, and what — to leave (put down a tick).
7. Click «Clean up system files», and then — «OK».
Note. The use of this utility can be limited if the system has not been strong, «clogs». When it is required to clear the 2, 3, 5 and more GB must perform several procedures which include not only removal of the individual files and operating system configuration change.
Deleting unnecessary files from system folders
Quite often, the users themselves without knowing it, «stacked» content and software in the operating system special folders for storing a variety of information, «Downloads», «Pictures», «My Videos», etc. Many programs and web browsers by default (without changing the initial settings) is sending data to the directory.
Open them one by one and remove all unnecessary. Files representing special value for you, move in a logical partition (for example, drive D, E).
Tip! Operate safely. You can delete any item, and Windows will not be harmed.
One of the main sources of clogging OS. It placed its antivirus components, drivers, applications, and games. This happens during updates and installations. After the completion of tasks, and waste files remain «Temp». Of course, they need to periodically clean out.
1. On the C drive, go to the folder «Users».
2. Click the folder with the name of your account (user name).
3. Then go to «AppData».
4. The «Local» directory, open the folder «Temp».
5. Thoroughly clean it (send all files / folder to the trash).
Tip! If you use «Total Commander» File Manager: create a new tab (shortcut «Ctrl» + «up arrow») and navigate to the Temp folder. Thus, you will always be in view its contents.
Disable paging file
Pagefile.sys — a virtual memory operating system. When the end RAM resources (RAM), the system saves nevmestivshiesya data in the file. If your PC RAM volume exceeds 4.6 or 8 GB, container «Pagefile.sys» can be disabled. it takes about the same amount as the memory on the disk. For example, if the configuration of your PC, RAM is 16 GB, the Pagefile.sys will be about the same.
To disable the paging file:
1. Through the «Start» (the icon «Win»), open the «Control Panel».
2. In the «System and Security» section, select «System».
3. In the Settings window, click the «Advanced Settings …».
4. In the «System Properties» in the «Advanced» tab, click «Options.»
5. The option «Performance Options» on the «Advanced» tab, under «Virtual Memory» activate «Change …».
6. In the «Virtual Memory»:
- select the C drive;
- enable click the radio button «No paging file»;
- click «Set», and then — «OK».
7. Restart your PC.
Hibernate — a kind of sleep mode when the user for a certain period of time is idle, the operating system stores all the settings in a special file hiberfil.sys. Windows as well as for the Pagefile.sys, reserves for him the free space on C, an equal volume of RAM.
Therefore, if you do not use hibernation mode, it is better to turn off.
1. Press the «Win + R».
2. Enter «CMD», press «ENTER».
3. In the command line console, type — «powercfg -h off» (without the quotes), then — «ENTER».
4. Restart the OS.
The use of third-party utilities
Cleaning disc C can be easily «charge» a special program-cleaner, for example, CCleaner. She is able to automatically clean the basket, memory dumps, clipboard, delete temporary files (cache and cookies) popular browsers, as well as perform many other operations to remove the system «trash».
Always check the amount of disk C. Do not let it overflow. Follow deleting unnecessary files, not only in order to free up disk space, but also for prevention.
Good luck! Let your PC keeps only useful information.