Alcatel Pixi 3: the 8-inch tablet with Windows 10 Mobile
Visitors to the exhibition CES 2016 Las Vegas will have the chance to see Alcatel’s first tablet running the new version of the mobile operating system from Microsoft. Device naming Pixi 3 comes with an 8-inch display, two cameras and a Qualcomm chipset with support for 4G. In addition, the tablet supports phone calls and it can serve as a television remote control.
To avoid any misunderstanding it should be noted that Alcatel Pixi 3 is not a classic X86 tablet; it is not compatible with desktop programs for Windows, since you are running Windows 10 Mobile. For fans of the operating system from Google Pixi 3 will be offered in a version with Android with the same characteristics:
- Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 – UMTS 900/2100 MHz – LTE B1/3/7/8/20
- Display: LCD IPS WXGA 8 inch
- Dimensions: 209 x 124.9 x 8.3 mm
- CPU: Quad-core Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) 1.3 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Memory: 8 GB
- Slot microSD: Yes
- Rear camera: 5 megapixels
- Front camera: 2 megapixels
- Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery: 4060 mAh
- Other features: micro SIM, GPS
Home sales scheduled for April. In Europe the device will cost about 199 euros.