8 the facts about Satya Nadella
February 4, 2014 is the date when Satya Nadella was officially named the new CEO of Microsoft. This is a man who came at the right time to complete current conversion in the company and introduce it to a new era of development. And since many came to know about Satya Nadella only yesterday, I suggest you to read a compilation of eight interesting facts, which he has built his image.
1. Satya Nadella was born in India in 1967 – hence the unusual name.
2. Nadella has worked at Microsoft since 1992 (22 years). Before being appointed CEO of Microsoft, he was head of unit Cloud & Enterprise.
3. In his spare time he enjoys cricket and poetry.
4. I graduated in computer science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and later a master’s in business administration at the University of Chicago.
5. Nadella became the third CEO in the nearly 39-year history of Microsoft after bill gates and Steve Ballmer.
6. He is married to high school sweetheart for 22 years. Has 3 children.
7. The appointment of Nadella as the new head of Microsoft is defined by analysts as a «safe play» – the inner person, not a new frame for the Corporation. According to gates, «no more suitable man» to control Microsoft in this «time of transformation».
8. The first thing he wants to do in the role of head of the company is to eliminate any barriers to innovation at Microsoft.