669 000 apps in the Windows Store
Windows Store crossed the mark of 669 000 applications (desktop, tablets and smartphones), Microsoft confirms on its official website Microsoft by the Numbers, which also contains other interesting statistical data about the products and services of the company from Redmond.
In January 2015, Microsoft announced the availability of 560,000 apps in the Store, that is, over the last 9 months the developers have added nearly 109 000 new titles. The store is a strategically important element in the Windows ecosystem, so to further strengthen the company created a transformative tools that in the coming months, the Windows Store will be enriched with applications borrowed from iOS and Android.
Microsoft did not confine himself to mere statistics on the development of the Shop and shared other interesting numbers:
- Office has been downloaded over 100 million times on iPhone, iPad and Android;
- 80% percent of the Fortune 500 use Microsoft’s cloud;
- more than 75 million devices running Windows 10.
- 48 million Xbox Live users in 42 countries;
- more than 400 million active users Outlook.com;
- more than 1.2 billion people use Microsoft Office (i.e. approximately one-seventh of the total population of the planet);
- Skype Translator supports voice translations into 6 languages.
Also on the pages of the website referred to a National Geographic photographer Stephen Alvarez used a Lumia to shoot 7 wonders of the world, and the infamous Rudi Hein cited as the most successful developer, his apps have been downloaded over 16 million times.